- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 12 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 73
- 1 15 – ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces pizza dough, regular or whole-wheat
- 1 cup finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. and place an empty baking sheet on the middle rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, scallions, cumin, chili powder, avocado, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to warmed baking sheet and crimp the edges slightly to form a lip at the edge of the crust. Top with black bean mixture, sprinkle with the cheese and bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 499 cal., 16 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 73 g carb. (12 g fiber), 24 g pro.