Three Low-Carb Meal IdeasFebruary 27, 2019
The 20-Second Exercise?March 31, 2019
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes in juice
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, tarragon, curry powder, salt, and black pepper; cook and stir until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes; bring soup to a simmer.
- Stir red lentils and coconut into the soup; mix well to combine. Simmer soup, covered, adding water as needed, until lentils are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.