Five Things You May Not Know About Back PainJune 30, 2019
Are Beyond Meat Burgers Really Better For You?July 30, 2019
This has to be my favorite summer salsa. It’s colorful and fresh tasting. It makes a bunch, so invite some friends over. I like to take the lime after it’s been juiced and rub down the bowl I will be serving the salsa in. I also rub the lime on the plastic wrap this will help keep the avocados from turning brown. Don’t forget the tortilla chips!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (such as Bush’s(R)), rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, diced
- Mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; fold avocado into the mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, putting it right on top of salsa; chill at least 2 hours.