Is A Glass Of Lemon Water In The Morning Really Good For You?November 25, 2018
A Better You In 2019!December 28, 2018
Peanut-Apple Crunch Balls
“Lightly wetting your hands helps make the cereal, apple, and peanut mixture easier to shape into balls. A drizle of white chocolate tops them off.”
- ⅓ cup chunky peanut butter
- ¼ cup 68% vegetable oil spread
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rice and wheat cereal flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup bran flakes, coarsely crushed
- ⅓ cup finely snipped dried apples
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts
- ⅛ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate (with cocoa butter), chopped
- ¼ teaspoon shortening
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, vegetable oil spread, and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in cereals, apples, peanuts, and apple pie spice until well mixed. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes (mixture will be a bit loose and crumbly). Using slightly wet hands, form mixture into 1-inch balls by gently pressing mixture together (does not work to roll the mixture into balls). It is important to keep your hands slightly wet for each ball formed. Let balls stand on a parchment or waxed paper-lined baking sheet about 15 minutes or until firm.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine white chocolate and shortening; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Drizzle balls with melted white chocolate. Cover and chill at least 15 minutes. Store, covered, in refrigerator.