How To Prevent Back Pain When LiftingJune 28, 2017
How I Lost 30lbs In 4 MonthsJuly 27, 2017
One of our family’s favourite dishes is Indian style okra. Okra, also known as lady finger, is a great ingredient with many health benefits, such as:
- Contains potassium, vitamin B, vitamin C, folic acid and calcium
- Low in calories. One cup of okra contains about 200 calories
- Has a high density fiber content
- Can help manage blood sugar in type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Okra can help improve recovery times from workouts
Here is a delicious recipe. We usually like to pair this dish with organic plain yogurt. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh okra
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook until tender. Stir in the okra, and season with cumin, ginger, coriander, pepper and salt. Cook and stir for a few minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover the pan. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until okra is tender.