Diastasis Recti – A Condition Affecting Two-Thirds Of Pregnant WomenOctober 29, 2018
10 Tips for a Safe HalloweenOctober 29, 2018
You can make these homemade fish sticks in about the same amount of time it takes to bake a box of the frozen kind—with a fraction of the fat.
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 cup whole-wheat dry breadcrumbs, or ½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup whole-grain cereal flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into ½-by-3-inch strips
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray.
- Place breadcrumbs, cereal flakes, lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt in a food processor or blender and process until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Place flour in a second shallow dish and egg whites in a third shallow dish. Dredge each strip of fish in the flour, dip it in the egg and then coat all sides with the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared rack. Coat both sides of the breaded fish with cooking spray.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through and the breading is golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.