This has to be my favorite summer salsa. It’s colorful and fresh tasting. It makes a bunch, so invite some friends over. I like to take the lime after it’s been juiced and rub down the bowl I will be serving the salsa in. I also rub the lime on the plastic wrap this will help keep the avocados from turning brown. Don’t forget the tortilla chips!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (such as Bush’s(R)), rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, diced
- Mix black beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; fold avocado into the mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, putting it right on top of salsa; chill at least 2 hours.