Fried chicken is typically considered a less healthy food due to the high fat content from deep frying. However, here’s a healthier twist on a classic recipe:
Baked “Fried” Chicken Recipe
– Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
– In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
– In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
– Dip each chicken breast into the buttermilk mixture, then coat with the flour mixture.
– Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy.
– Serve with your favorite healthy sides, such as roasted vegetables or a salad.
This “fried” chicken recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried chicken. By baking the chicken instead of frying it, you can significantly reduce the fat content while still enjoying a delicious and satisfying meal.