I’m not much of a baker, actually I’ve never baked anything before in my life. But on a recent trip to Sobeys I picked up too many bananas and they began to go bad. So not being wasteful, I decided to try and bake some banana bread.
In case you do not believe me, here is photographic evidence:
As this was a recipe I made it on the fly with some inspiration from the internet. The measurements indicated may not be accurate, especially for the choclate chips.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flower
- 1 Cup Ground Oats
- ¼ Cup Ground Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- chocolate chips (mood dependent)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter or vegetable spray.
- Mix the flour, almonds, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl mix the butter (at room temperature) with the brown sugar
- Beat two eggs and add them to step 4. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl mash 4-5 ripe bananas (⅔ cups in total)
- Add chocolate chips to step 6 in proportion to your current stress level.
- Add step 6 to step 4 and mix together well.
- Once mixed, add step 8 to step 3. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven for 60-65 minutes. A fork inserted into the bread should come out clean, indicating it has cooked well.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes at room temperature, before turning over the pan.
- Most importantly: enjoy!