A low-fat spicy black bean hummus without tahini lightened up by omitting the traditional ingredient without sacrificing taste. Pair with veggies and crackers for a healthy snack or spread on sandwich for extra protein and spice! Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, trimmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Step 1 Combine black beans, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, sesame oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth.
Per Serving: 62 calories; protein 3.1g; carbohydrates 8.8g; fat 1.8g; sodium 7.7mg.