The rotator cuff includes the tendons and muscles that connect your arm to the shoulder. Trauma or an injury to any of those muscles can cause various injuries such as tears, inflammations, and dislocations.
Rotator cuff strains are common in sports that involve shoulder contact or throwing. In the winter seasons of Canada, shoveling snow can cause rotator cuff strains as you are lifting heavy weights. Also, playing sports with shoulder contact or repetitive throwing increases the risk of rotator cuff strains.
Signs of rotator cuff strains include:
- Sharp pain, or popping sensation at moment of injury
- Pain that increase with shoulder movement
- Muscle spasms of the shoulder
At our clinic, we can ensure that you recover from your injury as quickly as possible so that you can continue living your life free of pain. The following steps can be taken for treatment
- Muscle strengthening & stretching programs
- Trigger point therapy, and friction massage therapy
- Graston technique
- Nutrition plans