Netflix Movie To Watch – That Sugar FilmMay 31, 2017
Doing this simple stretch when you wake up can give you more energyMay 31, 2017
This dish is a great source of energy, it is easy to make and delicious. If you forgot to pack a lunch, lentil soup from many of the local middle-eastern restaurants makes a great healthy lunch replacment. It is also a great source of energy post workout.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of red/yellow lentils
- 8 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
- Heat oil in a pan and gently fry the chopped onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic, turmeric and cumin and continue cooking for a few minutes more.
- Stir in the lentils, add the stock and cook for 35 minutes. Stir several times during cooking, especially towards the end, to prevent lentils from sticking to base of pan.
- Toss in parsley, stir in lemon juice and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- No blending is necessary unless you want it really smooth.
- Serve with chunks of crusty bread.